Find the Best Exercise Bike –
Buying Guide & Reviews
When choosing the best exercise bike, reviews are only a part of the overall buying process. You will also want to study and compare models and brands to see what has been around for awhile and where the industry is going with innovative new designs.
The New Variety of Bikes
In your search for the ideal exercise bike, and before making a purchase, take some time to read about the different styles of bikes available. While all stationary bikes share basic characteristics, in that they have a riding saddle or seat, pedals, and handlebars, after that, things get a little more interesting.
To show you what we mean, here is a list of the types of exercise bike reviews we do on this site:
Upright exercise bikes have been around for decades and are the stationary models most people think of first. They fit like a normal bike would with a small saddle and pedals directly below the seat.
Recumbent exercise bikes have a wider, fuller bucket seat with padded lumbar back support. Also, the pedals are positioned forward under the console. They typically cost more than uprights but are preferred by older adults, overweight people, and patients who ride for rehabilitation.
Spinning bikes are high-intensity uprights that have a front wheel that spins. The seat is small and hard to encourage the rider to stand often while pedaling. These bikes are used in group Spinning classes at health clubs.
Indoor Cycling bikes are similar to Spinning bikes, but encompass the entire category of heavy flywheel, highly customizable models that closely mimic an outdoor riding experience.
Dual Action bikes are uprights with the addition of moving handlebars, much like the action on an elliptical trainer. These units give the rider both an upper and lower body workout.
Mini exercise bikes aren’t really bikes so much as they are leg exercisers. They have a very small frame with pedals. The user sits in a chair while pedaling.
Rehab exercise bikes - If you have joint or circulatory problems, these cycles are a great way to put both the lower and upper parts of the body in motion for an effective low impact workout.
Trainers or Rollers are bike stands that allow the rider to convert their road bike to a stationary bike, usually by taking off the front wheel and bolting it to a post, and setting the back wheel on a roller.
So finding the best exercise bike starts with deciding which type would suit your needs, then researching all of the available models within the category.
Who Makes Stationary Bikes?
We do home exercise bike reviews on all of the major manufacturers including Body Solid, Diamondback, Endurance, Healthrider, Horizon, Kettler, LifeCycle, Life Fitness, NordicTrack, Precor, ProForm, Schwinn, and Stamina.
As stationary exercise bikes are far less expensive than treadmills and elliptical trainers, these fun cardio machines range in price from $150 to $300, with a number of the best exercise bikes costing around $400 to $600.
All of our reviews include a detailed list of the specs and features, comments made by users and equipment pros regarding performance and reliability, and recommendations on best buys.
Articles, Tips, and Introductions
On this site, we have articles about bikes in general and we offer reviews, as well as ideas on decent low-end models, and at what point it is time to invest in a more durable machine.
Along with exercise bike reviews and the comprehensive comparison charts, we offer a buying guide and a list of what we consider the best exercise bikes of 2016, review accessories, and provide tips on workout routines and advice on maintaining your bike.
We also introduce you to home ownership of commercial models as well as used (reconditioned) machines that are good buys, and offer tips on how to avoid getting ripped off when shopping for cheap bikes.
Map #1 |
Best Exercise Bikes Table of Contents:
- AFG Exercise Bikes – Reviews of a New Bike Line
- The new line of AFG exercise bikes includes two hybrids and three recumbents. Hefty flywheels for smooth pedaling performance, fully adjustable seats, patented ProFILE performance tracking system.
- Bladez Exercise Bikes – Outstanding Reviews and Great Design
- Bladez exercise bikes do well in reviews for design, ergonomics and ease of use, sturdy frames and reliable resistance systems, even a fast half hour assembly time out of the box.
- Cybex Exercise Bikes - Universally Positive Reviews
- Cybex exercise bikes have a strong following among fitness trainers and health club customers. Low maintenance, highly durable construction and design, built to last a long time.
- Diamondback Exercise Bikes – Reviews of the High Rated Best Buy Models
- Diamondback exercise bikes are among the best recumbent and upright bikes in their price range, surprisingly affordable given the legendary name, and a delight to own.
- Endurance Exercise Bikes / Body Solid Reviews
- The line-up of Endurance exercise bikes includes commercial and light commercial recumbent, upright, and spin-style bikes. Reviews of Body Solid stationary bicycles.
- Reviews of Epic Exercise Bikes – Better Than Average Models
- Epic exercise bikes are an exciting addition to the line of fitness equipment offered by this company. These bikes have low maintenance thanks to the magnetic resistance system and sealed bearings.
- Our Exerpeutic Bike Reviews Break Down These Popular Low Cost Options
- Exerpeutic bikes are extremely popular and very cheap...but are they worth buying? Check out our in depth review.
- Expresso Exercise Bikes Offer Virtual Reality Rides In Over 40 Different Worlds
- Expresso exercise bikes are high-end cycles offering 40 different high-definition rides to choose from. Read our reviews of these virtual reality bikes.
- Fitnex Exercise Bikes Rate Well in Reviews
- Fitnex exercise bikes are stylish, well designed, with decent warranties. They offer better value than many competitor models because of the level of quality delivered at reasonable prices.
- Reviews of HealthRider Exercise Bikes - A Budget Priced ICON Fitness Brand
- HealthRider exercise bikes come in just two models, the $330 35x upright and the recumbent 35xr, which sells for $400. The bikes feature digital resistance control and silent magnetic resistance.
- Horizon Exercise Bikes Earn Above Average Reviews For Solid Quality and Value
- Horizon exercise bikes are built with first rate components, which is why you’ll have to pay just a bit more for them. Reviews of Horizon upright and recumbent indoor cycles.
- Kettler Exercise Bikes – Rated Above Average in Reviews
- Kettler exercise bikes, a full line of upright, recumbent, and indoor cycles. Best-engineered designs in the industry set the bar high for quality and workmanship.
- Lifecore Exercise Bikes – Reviews of the Upgraded Series
- Lifecore exercise bikes have received outstanding reviews by consumers. Super quiet, stylish, compact, comfortable; an excellent investment for maintaining health and wellness.
- Life Fitness Exercise Bikes - LifeCycle Reviews and Ratings
- Life Fitness exercise bikes are well built, comfortable, and extremely durable. Reviews of the legendary LifeCycle® bikes, used in health club facilities worldwide.
- Lifespan Exercise Bikes – Best-Sellers in the Industry
- Lifespan exercise bikes come in 4 great looking models made with quality components and solid workmanship. Read a number of reviews if you need further confirmation of the value of these bikes.
- Reviews of Livestrong Exercise Bikes – True Road-Riding Experience
- Get in shape with Livestrong exercise bikes. Read a few reviews on the brand and you will be convinced that this Lance Armstrong-endorsed brand can help you reach your fitness goals.
- Marcy Exercise Bikes – Reviews of the Fan Bike & Mag Cycles
- Marcy exercise bikes are geared more towards participants who are new to exercise as well as senior citizens who need a compact cardio trainer for limited use of about 30 minutes per day.
- Reviews of Nautilus Exercise Bikes – Smooth, Quiet Workouts
- The line of Nautilus exercise bikes includes two uprights and one recumbent. As value-driven machines, they are popular because of their affordable price and exceptional features.
- NordicTrack Exercise Bikes – Reviews of the Recumbent / Upright Series
- NordicTrack exercise bikes come in just a handful of models: two recumbents, two uprights, and two indoor mechanical spinning bike with a chain drive, one of the best bikes under $400.
- Precor Exercise Bikes – Reviews of Self-Powered Upright & Recumbent Bikes
- Precor exercise bikes for home users are the exact same bikes used in fitness centers around the world; superior bikes built with quality components and the best workmanship in the business.
- Reviews of ProForm Exercise Bikes – Kudos for the Strong Points
- Reviews on ProForm exercise bikes are average to above average. Good quality bikes at the right price: loaded with console features, adjustable for smaller/larger users for the right fit and comfort.
- Reviews of Schwinn Exercise Bikes - Upright & Recumbent Bicycles
- Schwinn exercise bikes offer quality engineering, economical design, exceptional low impact cardiovascular workouts. Reviews of Schwinn upright and recumbent stationary bicycles.
- Smooth Exercise Bikes - Reviews of a Quality Brand
- The debut of Smooth exercise bikes included 6 new models including a Spinner, two semi-recumbents, two uprights, and an innovative 2-in-1 elliptical semi-recumbent model.
- Sole Exercise Bikes – Reviews of 8 Great Indoor Models To Choose From
- Sole exercise bikes shine in areas of warranty, quality, performance and price. Own a high quality upright, recumbent or spin bike from the leading fitness equipment manufacturer.
- SportsArt Fitness Exercise Bikes – Reviews of Home and Health Club Models
- SportsArt Fitness exercise bikes are known for quality, exceptional layout of the display console, solid warranties, great customer service and value pricing of the products.
- Stamina Exercise Bikes – Reviews of an Extensive Line
- Stamina exercise bikes come in more than a dozen models of recumbents, bike rowers, uprights, indoor cycles for spinning, folding models, and an open flywheel Air Resistance Bike.
- Star Trac Exercise Bikes – Reviews of Award-Winning Models
- Star Trac exercise bikes are sturdy, quiet, comfortable, backed by excellent customer service. Award-winning Spinner® bikes, uprights and recumbents offer club quality workouts.
- Sunny Health & Fitness Exercise Bikes are Budget Priced and Quite Popular
- Sunny Health & Fitness makes very popular exercise bikes including the Pro Indoor Cycling model and others.
- Reviews of TruPace Exercise Bikes – The Quality Budget Brand
- TruPace exercise bikes come in just two models: the V320 entry-level upright and the V330, a decent low cost semi-recumbent bike. Positive remarks and feedback from consumers.
- Tunturi Exercise Bikes Get Favorable Reviews From Users and Experts
- Tunturi exercise bikes, a worry-free investment for your fitness needs. Unique design, silent operation, superior component quality; is it more bike than you really need?
- Vision Exercise Bikes – Positive Reviews by Consumers and Industry Insiders
- Vision exercise bikes are the most awarded indoor cycling products in the industry; 28 Best Buy awards over the past 14 years! One of the best health investments you can make.
- Weslo Exercise Bikes - Reviews of Cheap Bikes Under $250
- Weslo exercise bikes are cheap, prices range from $99 to $249, but if that is all you can afford, then that is a lot of money to put out for an unreliable bike.
- Best Exercise Bikes - Reviews of the Top 6 Indoor Bikes for 2016
- Our list of the best exercise bikes of 2016 in 3 different categories: these 6 upright and recumbent bikes made the top of the list based on price, features, warranties and consumer reviews.
- Compare Exercise Bikes – Comparison Charts for Uprights / Recumbents
- Compare exercise bikes with our bike comparison charts. Make an informed decision, determine which bike offers the best investment in terms of parts quality, reliability, low maintenance and warranty.
- Recumbent Exercise Bikes - Effective Cardio Workouts
- Recumbent exercise bikes, the best solution to your cardio workout needs. The seated reclining bike is effective, compact, and suffers few if any mechanical breakdowns.
- Upright Exercise Bikes – Convenient Workouts With Low Impact
- Upright exercise bikes provide low impact workouts and are more affordable than recumbent stationary bikes. Get a good workout without ever having to leave home.
- Commercial Exercise Bikes – Reviews of Top Brands
- Commercial exercise bikes offer superior resistance, quiet operation, adjustable saddles and handlebars. Save up to 60% on a used, reconditioned model. Reviews of leading commercial brands.
- Dual Action Exercise Bikes for Upper / Lower Body Workouts
- Reviews of dual action exercise bikes: the ideal bikes for weight loss, cardio conditioning, lessening arthritis pain, convenience of a home workout, challenging and sweaty exercises.
- An Indoor Cycling Bike Brings High Intensity Riding To Your Home Gym
- An indoor cycling bike replicates a real outdoor ride and is different than the typical upright or recumbent experience.
- Interactive Exercise Bikes – Reviews of Gaming Bikes
- These interactive exercise bikes make you spend more time on the bike; burn more calories, get in better cardio shape. Convert any bike into a gaming bike with the XRGAMEKIT.
- Mini Exercise Bikes – Reviews of Pedal Exercisers
- Mini exercise bikes are not gimmicky gadgets for lazy exercisers. People with real needs are using these pedal exercisers and motorized mini bikes with good success.
- Portable Exercise Bikes – Reviews of Bikes for Small Budgets
- These go-anywhere portable exercise bikes are very affordable - even for those on a tight budget. Reviews of lightweight budget bikes and pedal exercisers for low-impact, non-jarring workouts.
- Rehab Exercise Bikes – Reviews of Manual and Motorized Pedalers
- Rehab exercise bikes for people with joint or circulatory problems; a great way to put both the lower and upper parts of the body in motion for an effective low impact workout.
- Reviews of Spinning Exercise Bikes – Cardio Pounding Workouts
- Spinning exercise bikes offer a feel and ride very similar to a road bike; adjustable seat and handlebars, heavy open flywheel, unlimited resistance levels. Reviews of Spinner® indoor cycles.
- Cheap Exercise Bikes – Inexpensive Discount Bikes
- Cheap exercise bikes don’t have to be cheap in terms of quality; how to find an inexpensive discount bike that offers good value for the price - 6 important things to look for.
- Used Exercise Bikes – Reconditioned & Remanufactured Units
- Used exercise bikes remanufactured right here in the USA. Where to find a quality used commercial bike at up to 60% off original sticker price; these refurbished models look and perform as good as new
- Exercise Bike Buying Guide For Residential Models To Find the Best One
- This exercise bike buying guide helps you find a good reliable machine at an affordable price: 5 specific items to consider when shopping for recumbent, upright and other types of exercise bikes.
- Exercise Bike Parts – Frame, Drive and Flywheel Parts
- Most exercise bike parts are affordable and easy to replace should something break or need upgrading. Where to buy OEM parts (original equipment manufacturer parts) to ensure a precision fit.
- Exercise Bike Workouts – Programs, Routines, Motivation
- Do exercise bike workouts at least 3 days a week or more for 30 minutes. Fat-burning, high intensity and virtual touring workout programs. Routines to challenge you; work your heart and lungs.
- Exercise Bike Consumer Reviews and User Comments - Rave or Rant
- Exercise bike consumer reviews and comments submitted by our visitors. Rave or rant about the upright or recumbent bike you have used at home or the gym.
- The Exercise Bike Blog - What's New?
- Reviews of stationary exercise bikes. Compare upright and recumbent exercise bikes, prices and features with our comparison charts.
- About this Site – AllExerciseBikes.net
- This exercise bike review site is designed so that you can shop with confidence knowing you have read the most up-to-date information on a variety of models. We hope you will find our website useful.
- Contact All Exercise Bikes
- Contact All Exercise Bikes with feedback, questions, comments or if you need a recommendation for a new bike.